This is such a loaded question for us. We have went back and forth countless times on keeping our rescheduled date next June, or moving forward this year on a much smaller scale.
In the beginning, as you know, we were all for rescheduling to next year if it meant we would have the wedding we have been envisioning for the past year and a half. However, the more we thought about it and talked about it, with the state that the country is in, we slowly came to the realization that the likelihood of next June being the wedding we envisioned - with no restrictions, no face masks, and in essence a normal wedding evening - was just simply not going to happen. The chance that a vaccine will be widely available and safe, and for every single one of our guests and the country as a whole to have received it by June 2021, is pretty slim.
With all that being said, we decided that for our own sanity and stress levels, we want to get married and have a gathering this year with the restrictions, rather than wait until June 2021 just to face those same restrictions at that time.